This deliciously, creamy ice-cream evokes such fond memories of my youth and my very special grandmother. She was one of the kindest people I have ever known. I remember her welcoming arms, her big hugs and kisses and the best home cooked meals you could wish for. She used to cook the most comforting meals and there was always a delicious aroma wafting through their home. This recipe was always one of my favourites, as my granny always made sure she had a batch for our visits – what kiddie doesn’t enjoy ice-cream?!!
This heavenly, rich ice-cream is so simple to make that it is hard to believe you only need a few ingredients and 20 mins to prepare it. No churning, just pop it in the freezer and then yum, yum, enjoy 🙂
4 eggs, separated
500 ml cream
1 tin condensed milk
vanilla essence or vanilla pod
Optional flavours- dark grated chocolate, grated ginger, berries etc
- Beat egg yolks with condensed milk.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Whip cream until thick and – do not over whip.
- Fold cream into egg yolk mixture.
- Fold egg whites into cream mixture.
- Place into a sealed container and freeze for several hours or overnight.