Special request for Em 🙂
I did mention in my previous post that I am into all things pear at the moment so, here is another seriously ‘to die for’ dessert – oozing with rich gooey chocolate sauce and of course PEARS! I really don’t believe you will be able to resist a second serve! I do believe the pears are healthy!
I also have to confess that this is my very favourite time of year in the kitchen as I just love making, cooking and eating puddings. I can’t think of anything more comforting on these cool winter nights than a hot, rich, decadent dessert.
75g gluten free flour (you can use plain flour)
50 g cacao or cocoa powder
300g caster sugar
410g can sliced pears in juice, drained
100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- Put the butter in a large saucepan and place over a low heat until melted.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the sugar until combined.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the butter mixture, mixing well until combined.
- Sift the flour and cacao into the egg mixture and beat well until thoroughly combined.
- Spray or grease an oven proof dish (20 x 30 cm).
- Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Place sliced pears randomly through the batter.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place through the batter.
- Turn oven to 180C degrees.
- Place dish in oven and cook for approx. 20 mins (You may need slightly longer as my oven is very efficient). The pudding should be cooked and on the outside but soft and gooey in the centre – do not overcook.
Happy Cooking 🙂