These little beauties are a perfect summer hors d’oeuvre or a light snack.
You can prepare them before hand and then only need to cook them just before serving.
They have a ‘little’ bite to them so be ready!
500g Australian raw prawns, peeled
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce (gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons chopped coriander
3 spring onions. finely sliced
1/3 cup plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
coconut oil for cooking
- Place prawns, green chilli, garlic, fish sauce, turmeric, pepper and coriander in food processor and process to a paste.
- Fold in spring onions. (This mixture can now be placed in a container and put in the fridge until you need to use it, up to 24 hrs)
- Shape the mixture into small balls, approx. 3cm in diameter.
- Roll the balls in flour to coat.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan until hot.
- Add the prawn balls- a few at a time to hot oil and shallow fry until golden and cooked.
- Remove the balls from frying pan and place on paper towel.
- Serve with the green coriander dipping sauce.
Spicy Green Coriander Dipping Sauce
3 cloves of garlic
2 large green chillies, finely chopped and seeded
1 tablespoon brown sugar or palm sugar
Juice from 1 fresh lime
3 teaspoons fish sauce
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a blender with 3 tablespoons of water and blend until combined.
- Place sauce in a serving dish.
Happy Cooking 🙂