Zucchini Pesto Noodles (zoodles) with Lamb Herb Rissoles
Ok, I have jumped on the latest fad of spiralizing. Every where I looked I saw books and gadgets extolling the benefits of spiralizing food and so I thought why not.
I did get very close to buying myself a little ‘gadget’ and after abit of research I was very tempted by the Inspiralizer http://inspiralized.com/the-inspiralizer/ which looked easy to use, had good reviews and not too expensive.
But, I then realised that my super, duper, whizz bang food processor might just have the attachments to do the job! Yes, it did and how easy it was too. If you would like to give this a go you can always use a julienne slicer which might take a bit longer but will give you pretty much the same results and save the expense of a machine you might not use too often.
I didn’t follow any recipe and decided to wing it with my own which worked out pretty well. Verdict, would I give up pasta completely for spiralized vegetables and fruit? No, but I tell you what, the zucchini spaghetti was delicious, takes a minute to cook or you can eat it raw and I felt great afterwards. It was a very yummy and healthy change.
I wasn’t sure how my better half would take to being served a bowl of zucchini so I compromised and made the zuccini pesto spaghetti with lamb rissoles and the combination of fresh herbs (from our garden) worked well together.
500g minced lamb
1 large onion – grated
1 carrot – grated
1 red capsicum – finely chopped
Handful of fresh herbs finely chopped (rosemary, oregano, marjarom, parsley)
1 clove garlic – finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
1/2 cup plain flour to roll rissoles in before cooking
3 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- Place all the above ingredients (excluding plain flour and oil) in a large bowl. Use your hands to combine all the ingredients.
- Shape the lamb mince mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add rissoles a few at a time.
- Cook on both sides for approx 15 mins and until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place on absorbent paper.
- Cover with foil and keep warm
3/4 Cup pesto (see previous post for basil pesto recipe)
1 large zucchini peeled
- Spiralize, julienne your zucchini
- Pat zoodles dry with absorbent paper
- Place zoodles in a large bowl and pour in boiling water to cover for 1 min.
- Drain zoodles
- Add pesto to zoodles and toss through.
- Serve with lamb rissoles.
Happy cooking 🙂